Kidbrooke to Blackheath
Be an urban explorer stepping outside of the ordinary modern landscape on the course of the lost rivers of the Kid Brook flowing unseen beneath your feet, where the extra-ordinary afterimage of history can still be perceived.
Sunday 14th March 11am – 1pm: Trace the lost rivers of the Kid Brook
Organisers: Pamela Zollicoffer + Lawrence Beale Collins
Meet: 11am at Kidbrooke station, Kidbrooke Park Rd, SE3 9NF
End: 1pm at Blackheath station, Tranquil Vale SE3 9LE
Other dates to note:
- 3 Rivers Clean Up 2015 runs from Saturday 20 June to 11 July giving you many ways to get close to the area’s rivers, help remove invasive, non-native Himalayan Balsam and spot some of the rivers’ nature.
- Lewisham People’s Day is on Saturday 11 July and QWAG will apply to have a stall.
QWAG’s 3 aims in brief:
- Restore nature: plan the next major natural restoration of the Quaggy, where this should be, who to work with and how to make it happen to contribute to the previous major restorations of the river.
- Improve river quality: help improve the ecological condition of the Quaggy and whole Ravensbourne catchment so that it starts complying with the Water Framework Directive (WFD) from 2015.
- Have fun: help people of all ages enjoy and learn from a better, abundant urban river environment.