- This event has passed.
Sydenham & Forest Hill Green Spaces
29th March 2015 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Wind through the green spaces of Forest Hill and Sydenham from Albion Millennium Green and Dacres Wood Nature Reserve (opened just for us) to Mayow Park and Home Park.
Sunday 29th March: Green Spaces of Sydenham & Forest Hill
Organiser: Tom Moulton, Creekside Centre volunteer
Meet: 2pm outside Forest Hill station
End: 4pm, Bell Green (for buses) + Lower Sydenham station (for trains)
Other dates to note:
- 3 Rivers Clean Up 2015 runs from Saturday 20 June to 11 July giving you many ways to get close to the area’s rivers, help remove invasive, non-native Himalayan Balsam and spot some of the rivers’ nature.
- Lewisham People’s Day is on Saturday 11 July and QWAG will apply to have a stall.
QWAG’s 3 aims in brief:
- Restore nature: plan the next major natural restoration of the Quaggy, where this should be, who to work with and how to make it happen to contribute to the previous major restorations of the river
- Improve river quality: help improve the ecological condition of the Quaggy and whole Ravensbourne catchment so that it starts complying with the Water Framework Directive (WFD) from 2015.
- Have fun: help people of all ages enjoy and learn from a better, abundant urban river environment.