Drawn from Nature & on Stone, Henry Warren.
Reproduction from the original lithograph held at the Local History Centre of the London Borough of Lewisham
Printed by C Hullmandel, circa 1827, Hand coloured by Dodie Masterman
The Well of Our Lady
QWAG meeting with special guest speaker, Julian Watson, Ladywell Society.
Julian will speak about the wells of Our Lady that served water gratis ‘of the same quality as those at Tunbridge’ to the people of the parish.
There were two Lady wells – a mineral spring ‘spa’ owned by Lord Dartmouth on the present site of 148 Ladywell Road and a pure drinking water well (pictured) now under the railway bridge at Ladywell Station.
Reprints of Robert Smith’s fine book ‘The Well of Our Lady’ will be available.
7.45 for 8pm start on 18th November at Methodist Church Hall, Albion Way, Lewisham, SE13 6BT
Click here for more details