Sutcliffe Park is where QWAG first persuaded the authorities to back proper river restoration instead of insisting on keeping our rivers out of sight in underground concrete culverts.
This led to the River Quaggy being brought above ground in 2004 to flow naturally once again and help create a woodland wetland that’s bring nature back - even developers promote their nearby housing on the back of our river restoration efforts.
In our busy lives do we admire or ignore our street trees?
London is known for its London Planes but these make up less than 3% of all species of street trees in the capital. Do you know the other 97%? Trees bring variety and colour to residential and busy roads, from the English Oaks (Quercus robur) outside Charing Cross station to a rare pear tree in Islington.
Beneath our feet: The geological history of Lewisham, the Ravensbourne valley and the Lady’s well and Spring with Phil Laurie, geohydrologist.
The rivers we care for have shaped and sculpted the landscape carving into sands, soils and rocks beneath our feet. In turn streams and waterways are shaped by the underlying geology.Find out more »
There’s a treasure trove of a nature reserve deep in south London and bounded by busy built development.
Can you guess location of what could be south east London’s best kept secret?
Find out where and how nature thrives at this secret local nature haven when Martin Watts and Linda Graham join us to celebrate nature in the city.Find out more »